Sunday, February 2, 2014

Books.

Just today I watched "The Fault in Our Stars" movie trailer, and up until this point I had no interest in reading that book.  Then boom. I watch the trailer and realize I have been missing out. How have I not picked up this book yet?! It is weird, but I absolutely love depressing books.  I had someone once tell me that I should read for fun, and my reply was that I do, they just happen to have depressing story lines.  I don't know what it is, but I love them. I think it is the perspective they give me on life and how much I can learn from them.  Also, it's the writing, the fact that an author can portray such profound emotions through the written word is awe-inspiring.  It takes real talent and wisdom for a person to be able to write something that makes you sit there and cry your eyes out.  They've painted this beautiful picture for you and it's alive in your head. You feel what the characters feel, and I think that is what I really love about depressing books. I cannot wait to start the book. School has been absolutely crazy and busy, so we will see how this goes. Who needs sleep anyways?! 

xxxx Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment